Unarmed Response to an Active Shooter for Educators (2 Days)
Level: All Levels
Course Length: 16 Hours (2 Days)
Comprehensive Active Shooter and Emergency Medicine training for educators.
- Licensed N.H. Paramedics/ EMTs and Fire Fighters
- TCCC /TECC Certified Instructors
- Stop The Bleed Instructors
- ALICE Active Shooter Instructors
- Certified Firearms Instructors
- Setting up a secure classroom
- Understanding Pre- Incident Indicators
- Emergency Operation Plan development (EOP)
- Communication inside and outside of the hot zone
- Threat assessment and forced decision making under stress
- Proper evacuation routes
- When to evacuate and when to lockdown and barricade
- Evacuation Meeting Areas
- How to effectively secure and barricade a room(s) (Locking Down)
- OODA disruption and countering an attacker when necessary
- How to communicate when Law Enforcement arrive
- Evacuating a building under Law Enforcement presence. (What to expect)
- What to expect in the aftermath
Students will learn by participating in hands on scenario based training. Treat assessment, evacuation, communication, and advanced room barricading under stress.
Immediate lifesaving steps to prevent loss of live from a traumatic event based on what is currently being taught to Military Law Enforcement personnel nation wide.
Day 2 focuses on three core phases of TECC:
- Care Under Fire
- Tactical Field Care
- Tactical Evacuation
Day 2 teaches individual medical tasks and use of an Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK), but also the skill-sets and tools to bring back to their schools or agency to develop and refine immediate life saving procedures.
This course covers:
- Treating mass hemorrhage
- Breathing/ airway management
- Casualty Evacuation
- Using and configuring an IFAK (individual First Aid Kit)
- Immersive hands on training using Moulage role players and synthetic blood.
Included: Course materials
There are no reviews yet.